Do you remember at the beginning of the year I decided to write a list of all the things I would like to achieve during my 50th year? Well we are now officially half way through that year. Where has all that time gone?
How have I done so far? Below is my update:-
1) Travel to China
Still on schedule to achieve.
We went as planned in May and oh wow! How amazing. Following where we went on my YouTube channel
I still have my last day to publish – but it is worth waiting for!
3) Weekend away in a VW Campervan
Still not on my radar!!
4) Re-visit Lundy Island
Well after a tricky time sorting out a boat, this trip is scheduled to happen and I can’t wait!
5) Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
Still not happened!
6) Bake with Paul Hollywood
Sadly Paul hasn’t popped over to help me in the kitchen yet!
7) Be my own boss
I’m still searching for that ‘ah ha’ moment that will make me rich!!
8) Buy a new car with the registration of the year I was born
It is still a few months away before the 69 plate is out. Sadly by bank balance isn’t matching this wish yet, but you never know!
9) Get at least 1000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel
I’m at 149 at the moment so a few more to go!
10) Take a hot air balloon over my home town
Still need to do!
11) Have a weekend away with my parents
Sadly this hasn’t happened yet, but I hope to make it come true!
12) Fly first class
@Emirates – can you help me with this one when I fly with you to China in August? Pretty please!!
13) Complete a successful ‘Dry January’
Woo hoo! I absolutely smashed this.
14) Walk 5,000,000 steps in 2019
As I am still half way through the year, I have time to complete this!
15) Learn to crochet
I think this is for a winters evening don’t you!!
16) Visit Stonehenge
I made this happen in March this
year and loved it!
17) Swim with dolphins
Not sure if this will happen, unless they appear in Lundy!
18) Run 10k
This was always going to be a tough one!
19) Learn to decorate a cake with icing
Oh wow, I forgot about this
one. Work had a festival week and one of
the sessions was about Cake decorating!
I’ve done it without even realising!
20)Learn to ballroom dance with Anton De Beke
Well I haven’t danced with
@antondebeke but I did get to meet him at @thismorning Live this year. He is still a delight to spend time with!
21)Be on the panel of Loose Women
I’m still waiting @LooseWomen
22) Own a designer handbag
Maybe I’ll get one for my birthday! Hint hint
23) Replace my greenhouse
Oh it is looking pretty sad at the moment so I think this may need to happen soon!
24) Reduce my daily commute to work
I’m still having fun with the trains!! At least the morning commute has changed thanks to 4 extra carriages, which means I mostly get a seat now!
25) Teach Lola to walk off a lead
Yer right! Hmm, not sure this is not going to happen!
26) Teach Fido to not bark at the door
We have been trying very hard! I’ve now applied to the programme ‘Dogs Behaving Very Badly’ for help! Fingers crossed!
27) Teach Fido not to bark at noises
As above! Eek!
28) Have 5 minutes of fame on T.V. – preferably on This Morning
I’m still waiting for them to snap me up lol!! I did get to meet Ruth and Eamon at the @thismorning Live at the NEC in Birmingham. Eamon even had his hand on my knee!! Lol! They were such a lovely couple!
29)Go to see a musical at least once in 2019
Still to do, but we are in London very soon so who knows!
30) Go to a music festival or concert at least once in 2019
No happened yet, but the summer
isn’t over yet!
31) Write a blog at least once a week
I’m smashing this with 2 – 3 some weeks!
32) Improve my photography skills
I’ve not had chance much to take
many photos but when I have, I’ve really tried to be creative.
33) Clean out the garage
Don’t tell my hubby but, nah, not
yet! I will though promise!
34) Help raise awareness of homelessness
I’m still promoting this.
35) Help out someone at least once a month
Ooh now I really have to think about
this one. I think I have, but I could do
36) Have a professional make over
Still need to sort this one out!
37) Have a ‘hot’ Christmas
This may not happen this year, but one day!
38) Remember friends and family’s birthdays
I’m doing better. I could be a bit quicker poster but it is an improvement.
39) Be surprised
40) Have dinner out once a month
We have done this and it has been really nice to have someone cook for me. It hasn’t had to be posh, but good food.
41) Take an hour out a week for ‘me time’
I’m trying but some weeks are just so busy.
42) Get 8 hours of sleep a night as much as possible
I’m totally failing this one. Only 6-7 hours a night at the moment.
43) Drink more water and less diet coke
Right now I am drinking a litre of squash! I’m trying!
44) Have a girls night out at least once every 3 months
I’ve just about done this, but I really need a few more!
45) Have a date night with hubby at least once every 3 months
I think we have done this – yes, definitely. It is good to spend quality time together.
46) Take a canal trip
Well I did say a trip not a holiday so does the 30 minute trip with work count?
47) Go to see Wasps at least 3 times during the year
We have been once but will go more later in the year – promise.
48) Learn the rules to Rugby
Oops! I really must talk to hubby!
49) Take up a new hobby
I just need to find the time!!
50) Keep in touch more with family and friends who live away
Facebook is great, but I really need to put some weekends away to see friends. We have managed a couple of weekends this year, but we should do more!
So, there have been some things ticked off, I really need to start doing a few more! I will keep you posted!!